Wednesday, April 5, 2017

IRB Intro Post #4

For the 4th marking period, I will be reading When We Rise: My Life in the Movement by Cleve Jones. I am very excited to read this book having already watched the television mini-series depiction of this story on ABC. When We Rise details the work of Cleve Jones, a young gay man in San Francisco who was a prominent leader in the fight for civil rights for queer citizens in the 1970s. The story covers history that matters to me. It covers history that, unfortunately, I have never been taught. Cleve Jones’s story and so many others’ are stories that need to be shared and taught to everyone ignorant of the history and plight of queer Americans. I am looking forward to learning more about the brave souls who finally said enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment